Some women enjoy donning the newest fashion looks each season. For others, it is all about the classics. Whether the lady in your life lives by the maxim that everything old is new again or appreciates styles with a little more modern edginess, she’s likely to have questions about buying an engagement ring. The good news is this process doesn’t have to be stressful. Read on for Morgan Jewelers top tips on how to shop for an engagement ring you’ll both cherish.
The belief that an engagement ring should cost three months’ the man’s salary is both old fashioned and problematic. These days, couples spend whatever amount they decide is appropriate. Although the average twosome spent almost $8,000 in 2018, you can purchase a one-carat solitaire for as little as $1,500.
Focus on Shape
When you picture an engagement ring, you’re probably thinking of a classic round diamond. However, the fact is that shopping for a diamond is a little more involved. In fact, the gem that’s a girl’s best friend comes in a wide array of shapes. Here are some of the most common options:
- Round: The most sought-after shape, many believe it’s the best one to highlight a diamond’s light and beauty.
- Oval: Long and lean, this graceful shape helps elongate the fingers.
- Emerald: Popular among celebrities, an emerald cut has large facets to show off the stone’s clarity.
- Asscher: A square emerald, this cut has an old fashioned feel thanks to its popularity in the Art Deco era.
- Cushion: This vintage style cut features rounded edges for a look that’s extra elegant.
- Princess: If you want to make your diamond appear larger, this square-cut stone with a flat top is a good way to go.
- Marquise: Because of the tapered shape, this stone maximizes carat size.
- Pear: A round-marquise hybrid, the pear cut is both delicate and striking.
Study the Top Designers
Of course, the diamond you choose will only take you so far. You also need to select the ideal setting to show off your stone, and that means shopping for one of today’s top bridal designers.
For those who appreciate comfort in their jewelry, A. Jaffe is a natural choice. These rings feature a subtle squaring of the ring shank to minimize twisting. As a bonus, all A. Jaffe rings feature conflict-free diamonds, so you can feel good about your choice.
Celebrating a romance that lasts forever, Love Story creates customized bridal jewelry that tells a tale. The rings feature a vintage elegance, and they are prized by those with an appreciation for eras gone by. Additionally, these pieces are made with hand-selected diamonds.
Always Buy Certified
You do not want to make a mistake when buying an engagement ring. After all, this likely represents one of the largest purchases you will make in life. To protect your investment, choose a ring that has been certified by a trusted group like the American Gem Society for the Gemological Institute of America. That way, you know what you are getting is the real deal.
Choose Morgan Jewelers to Buy an Engagement Ring
When it comes to engagement ring shopping, customers have a lot of options at their disposal. Traditionally, couples would visit a private jeweler to pick out their bridal jewelry. Not only do shops like Morgan Jewelers have less overhead than national chains, resulting in better prices, but they also offer a more personalized shopping experience. Moreover, most private jewelers now offer an online option as well, so you can weigh your choices from the comfort of home. After browsing our designer options with your sweetie, feel free to make an appointment to see your favorites in person. We look forward to showing you the Morgan Jewelers difference for yourself.